I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by DM @ Pointless Overthinking. Thank you so much!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and a link back to the blog.
2. Answering 11 questions that the Blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
To answer the questions I was given…
1. What motivates you?
There’s a concept in Medieval alchemy that’s referred to as “The Great Work.” It involves turning the lead of the limited human experience into the gold of divine understanding. If I have to name any one thing that would describe my purpose, it’s that.
2. What topic do you love the most to write about?
Usually whatever’s inspiring me the most right at that moment. Could be anything at all. Could be a book, a movie, a piece of a music, a work of art, a little peace and quiet…
3. Which comment had the biggest impact on you?
Not any one in particular, but the love and support here in the blogosphere when I came out as transgender was overwhelming. It still is.
4. What do you do to get inspired?
It depends on what I’m trying to be inspired about. Music inspires me emotionally. Art inspires me intellectually. The combination of the two will move me spiritually.
5. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve done?
Listening too much to those who think their own life experiences are somehow more valid than my own.
6. How many true friends do you have?
Hard to say for certain. I’ve discovered my inner circle of true friends is larger than I suspected.
7. What do you do for a living?
I listen to audiobooks, music, and podcasts while doing menial computer tasks.
8. Which person had the biggest impact on how you think?
9. What’s your favorite hobby?
I like to learn new things, even if it’s just deeper levels of other things I already know. I call it “rabbit hole research.”
10. Who is your favorite actor and why?
Christopher Lee. Some of my happiest memories growing up involved cheesy horror movies, and he’s in a large number of the best of them. Combine that with an incredible voice, a commanding presence, an amazing biography, and the fact that he was a true gentleman for the ages, it’s an easy pick for me. His musical career is just icing on the cake of overkill. Peter Cushing would be a very close second. The two go together for me, like bacon and eggs or peanut butter and jelly.
11. What sentence would you use to describe your life so far?
The show must go on.
Ok… I’m supposed to nominate 11 bloggers. Here’s goes, in no particular order:
Lioness at Large
Broken Tune’s Blog
Marjorie’s World of Books
Life of Chaz
Puddle Jumper Reads
The Electric Oracle
The Past Due Review
The Critiquing Chemist
To accept your nominations, simply follow the rules as listed above, and answer the following questions:
1. Who is your favorite cartoon character and why?
2. Which book most changed your life and how?
3. If you had the opportunity to operate alongside any one person in history, who would it be and why?
4. You have to select three fictional characters to join you on a top secret mission before knowing anything at all about what the mission is. Who do you pick and why?
5. You are allowed to manifest one superpower. Which one do you pick and why?
6. You are allowed to pull one object out of a book that can fit in your hand and through an opening the size of a standard paperback book. What object do you choose and why?
7. If your life could be summed up in a song, which song is it?
8. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
9. What is something you wanted so badly that you became unstoppable in pursuing it?
10. What is the greatest book that has yet to be written?
11. They’re making a biopic about you. Which actor or actress plays you?