A couple of years ago, I got this idea that I’d like to have a terrarium in my home library. Keeping in mind that I don’t have a green thumb at all, and that I’ve managed to kill “lucky bamboo” twice (admittedly some 15 years ago), I got all the components and put it together. Terrarium 1.0 lasted a couple of months, but it turns out it was invaded by snails that were hiding in the plants I put in there. For terrarium 2.0, I decided to go from seed. I thought I’d spread the seeds out, but for whatever reason, everything grew together in a single tangled mass in the center. It lasted a few months before it simply choked itself.
I’ve decided it’s time to try again. I finally cleaned everything out and got everything prepared. I’m letting the soil hydrate right now. It doesn’t take much at all. I need to get some plant food spikes, and then I’ll be ready to drop in some seeds — more evenly spaced this time. I’ve got a mix of wildflower seeds, so seeing what happens will be half the fun.